Thursday, August 2, 2012

Confession: I didn't run for a week

Huge confession: After my half marathon a couple weeks ago, I was really sore. In the three days following the race, I couldn't even walk up & down stairs, and I definitely couldn't run. That race completely wore me out!

Just as I was starting to recover, my mom and I took a trip down to Lynchburg to set up my townhouse for the new renters. I thought I would have time to run, but we were so busy, I didn't run at all! We literally got right to work every day from the moment we woke up. We had to clean out the entire house, repaint two rooms, and move Bud's furniture. It was no small feat to get all this done in 3 days. I was exhausted every single night. There was no time for any run, let alone a long run.

Then for a couple days after I got back home, I was lazy. I stayed up late watching the Olympics and I slept in. I was tired and lethargic and didn't feel like doing anything. I gave myself two more days off.

This is not good news for my marathon training! Yesterday I had to get my butt in gear. I planned to run 7 miles, but a storm was brewing, so I went back to the house after only 4.5 miles. Sometimes it just seems like the universe is conspiring against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment