Thursday, August 30, 2012

Goals for my next race

I'm running the Rock N' Roll half marathon this weekend at Virginia Beach! Although the course is supposed to be fast and flat, I'm not aiming for a PR this time. Instead, I'd like to use this race as a true "test run" for the marathon. If I break 2 hours again, great, but I have some other things to work on These are my goals:

-First few miles: START OUT SLOW. I need to learn how to pace myself and save energy at the beginning of the race. I don't want to start out too fast again, like I did at my last race.

-Middle miles: FIND A RHYTHM. I need to get into my "forever pace" during the middle of the race. I think this will be a key strategy for running the marathon.

-Last few miles: PICK UP THE PACE (slightly). I want to finish strong and I would love to have a negative split for this race!

Here's to a fun race and a great Labor day weekend at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment