Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Most ridiculous Olympic sports

Sadly, the Olympics are over after a fun and entertaining few weeks. I enjoy many of the Olympic events, even if it's a sport I don't normally watch. However, some of the events are pretty ridiculous!

Just for fun, here's my list of the Top 5 Most Ridiculous Olympic Sports:

1. Fencing. I never really watched fencing before, but I thought it would be like a sword fight. I didn't realize that all they have to do is TOUCH the other person with the tip of their sword. It's not very exciting.

2. Handball. Such an unusual game. It's like a cross between basketball and soccer.

3. Track Cycling. I think it's weird to have a race in which bikers go slowly for the first two laps and only really race on the last lap. It's not really about who's faster, it's about jockeying for position.

4. Triple Jump. It looks so ridiculous. Why won't a simple long jump do? Why is this a separate event? Oh yeah, and it's also known as the "hop, skip, and jump".

5. Trampoline. It used to be a training tool, now it's an Olympic event. Who ever thought that jumping on a trampoline would become an Olympic sport?

Can you think of any other ridiculous Olympic sports? I'm sure I missed a few!

3 comments:

  1. I meant to write another post about my favorite Olympic sports, but I never did. They are:

    1. Women’s gymnastics
    2. Track (esp 100M, 200M, and 1500M)
    3. Swimming
    4. Beach volleyball
    5. Synchronized diving

    This year's Olympics had some great moments: Gabby Douglas and Team USA in women's gymnastics, Kerri and Misty in women's volleyball, Alyson Felix in women's track, and tons of great swimmers! I hope the summer Olympics in 2016 are just as fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My comment didn't show up :( In 1992 they had "Solo Synchronized Swimming" in the Olympics lol WTF, how would you even do that?

      Delete
    2. Haha! I didn't see your comment until now. That is absolutely ridiculous!!

      Delete