Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The good, the bad, and the ugly

The good:
I got A's on both my lab practical and lecture test! It's a big confidence booster and it makes me feel like I can succeed in this grad school program. Also, my class was pretty successful at holding their liquor! Only one person got too drunk to show up to class and no one passed out or threw up (although several looked a little green). Also good: we sort of had a day off yesterday (we only had lab; no lecture, no homework!) So my roomies and I and 2 other PT girls spent the afternoon at our pool. It was so nice just to relax for awhile! I love that our apartment has a pool. I love our apartment period. We have a secure building, big bedrooms and closets, our own washer and dryer, and off-street parking. And we're right near the baseball diamond and movie theater and not far from the bus stop. What more could we ask for?

The bad:
Today I spilled iced coffee all over my backpack. Luckily it was mostly ice water since I'd already finished the coffee, but still- my notebook, binder, and workout clothes got all wet! I spent 20 minutes in the bathroom trying to dry everything out as best I could, but my notebook is still soggy. Next time I need to remember to pour out my ice after I finish my coffee! [PS. Everyone said I would become a coffee drinker in college, but that didn't really happen. Now I understand what they meant. The coffee bug has hit me big time in grad school- I absolutely need it to stay awake!]

The ugly:
I'm getting sick. :( It started with a sore throat and has now progressed to a sore throat, cough, runny nose, and headache. I stopped at the store on my way home from class today and bought Robitussin, cough drops, and honey vanilla chamomile tea, so hopefully I'll be better soon. I'm not sick enough to miss class by any means, but I don't want to be miserable in class and lab tomorrow either!

1 comment:

  1. I recommend echinacea and also something called elderberry juice...you can get it in concentrated form in a small bottle with dropper. A few drops in some juice in the morning cuts your cold symptoms' intensity in half. Whatever you do, sleep lots! I'll pray you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete