Friday, July 30, 2010

My OCD dream

A few nights ago, I had a dream that made me so mad and frustrated that I woke up in a sweat and nearly in tears. What was the dream about? Well, it was about painting walls. As far as I can remember, in my dream I came into the living room and my sister was drawing squares on the wall in pencil. I asked her what she was doing and she said she was going to make a design on each square and paint the room with pink and white squares. I started to get mad because I knew it would look horrible- and when I complained to my mom, she told me it was her idea! Then my mom started painting another room a horrible color. I tried to tell them to stop, that the rooms would look terrible and that the house would never sell. I tried to reason with them and even yelled at them but neither my mom nor my sister would listen to me. I was getting increasingly irritated and frustrated and ANGRY and got into such a pathetic state that I woke myself up.

I normally don’t put much stock in dreams, but I’m kind of worried about what this one might mean. I think it’s a sign that I’m too controlling and too much of a perfectionist. Other interpretations are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a part of you's been longing to redecorate. Or you really want to take up painting as a hobby, something totally different from PT so you can relax after school/work.

    ReplyDelete