Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lower extremity- check!

Test Day was yesterday- now we’re done with the lower extremity! I felt good about the practical, but was worried about the lecture test- it was a lot harder than the first one! The practical is easier because it’s simple identification- just the muscles, nerves, arteries, and ligaments on the cadaver or the models. I spend hours in the lab looking at all the bodies so I know what to expect for that test. The lecture test is more unpredictable. We cover so much information in class that it’s hard to know what to focus on. The questions are trickier, too. The first 36 questions are the ones where you have answers 1-4, and then you can choose A) 1,2,3 B) 1&3 C) 2&4 D) 4 only E) All. Anyway, I checked my test grades today and I did well on both of them. Again, I am so thankful and relieved. Praise the Lord!

One of my favorite parts about the test week is the Monday and Tuesday after the exams. We don’t have lecture on the Tuesday after a test, so we don’t have to study Monday or Tuesday night. On Monday night most of the class goes out either to dinner or to bars. Last night we went to Delux, which was one of the nicer bars I’ve been to in Richmond. However, I still prefer simply getting a drink with dinner. It’s been fun getting to know some of the PT students outside of class. In fact, last night I talked to some of my fellow students for the first time! Of course, they might have been too tipsy to remember. ;)

Tuesday afternoon/evening was even better than Monday night, in my opinion. Audrey, Kelly, and I had a girl’s night at our apartment. We invited three other girls over and the six of us watched chick flicks, ordered Chinese food, and ate lots of snacks! It was a great break from the usual evening of poring over anatomy textbooks. This week I also got to try brunch at Perly’s, which is a cute little diner in the center of Richmond. All I got was a bacon, egg, & cheese breakfast sandwich, but it was delicious! This week I have some fun stuff planned due to the temporary lull in studying/cramming. I’m excited to get out, go to some fun events, and see some of Richmond. I feel like I’ve hardly been anywhere even though I’ve lived here for over a month. I’m sure Richmond has plenty of good restaurants and fun places to visit- I just have to discover them!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Kimmers! Not surprised that you're doing so well. :D

    ReplyDelete