Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Car-less

It's been weird not having my own transportation. I'm used to just hopping in the car and going wherever I need to go. During the week I take the bus to class, so it's not that big of a deal, but on the weekends I feel like I'm stuck at my apartment. The thing I hate the most is being dependent on other people for rides.

The good thing is, I've been walking around a little more. On Friday, I decided to walk to the bank because it was such a nice day. Then I went for a run outside. On Saturday, I wanted to make cookies for my friend Meike's birthday party, but I didn't have all the ingredients I needed. So I walked to Kroger (which is only 5 minutes away from my apt). Then I walked the extra distance to Tropical Smoothie Cafe to get a drink. It was actually really nice to walk around Richmond in the beautiful weather. But I still miss my car and I'll be really grateful when I can drive around again!

No comments:

Post a Comment