Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring break flies by

Why is it that one day of classes can drag on forever, but an entire week without classes seems to go by in an instant? C'est la vie! The relativity of time is a constant mystery. Anyway! My spring break was fun but somewhat exhausting. I went home to MA, then to NY, PA, and NoVA (in case you don't know, NoVA is apparently a term for Northern Virginia. I didn't know that until this year, although I agree with making a distinction between NoVA and the rest of Virginia!)


The highlight of New York (besides getting to see my old friend Melissa again) was seeing a Broadway play! We waited in line for 30 minutes to get discounted tickets for "Jersey Boys", a play about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. I was only familiar with a few of the songs, but the play was entertaining and unexpectedly funny. I wish I could see more Broadway shows because I really enjoy them. I'm glad we got discounted tickets though, because it's so expensive. Then again, everything in New York is expensive! And the city is crowded and dirty and kind of scary, to be honest. I had fun there, but I would never want to live there- and I experience that sentiment every time I go to any large city. After NY, Richmond feels small and cozy; perfect for me!


When I visited Julia, she made me lunch and had gotten me cupcakes for my birthday. She's recently gotten married, so I got to see her new apartment. She and John and I had interesting discussions about politics and how college for the masses is a waste of time and money. I don't think many people would agree with our ideas on these topics, but that's why it's nice to talk to people who share many of the same values and are just as conservative as I am! Another reason for stopping at Julia's house was to pick up a mattress that they gave me. They were going to get rid of it, but I decided to take it since my mattress is old and uncomfortable (and I hate to pass up nice free stuff!) So now I'm going to go to sleep on my comfy new mattress and enjoy the last night of my break.

No comments:

Post a Comment