Saturday, June 18, 2011

All alone, but not

Audrey left last week because that's when her clinical was over. I thought I would get bored and lonely living here all by myself, but honestly I've had so much to do in the last week that I haven't minded being here by myself. One of the things I'm really thankful for is getting to know friends from my church here in Richmond. I love having friends outside of my PT class. Sometimes it's nice to be able to talk about things other than PT and have friends with different jobs and different interests. Last week one of the girls had a big project for her class that she had to finish in one day (she's a high school teacher). I went over to her house to help her with it and we had a great time. She was grateful for the help, and I was glad I got to work on a project that had nothing to do with PT. Don't get me wrong, I love learning about PT stuff (most of it) and I love the program I'm in. It's just overwhelming and I need a break from it every now and then.

I've also been going to a Bible study on Wednesday evenings. We're doing a Beth Moore study on the life of Paul. It's been great having discussions on what we're learning and getting to know the other girls in the study. Last night we got together for pizza and a movie and these girls are absolutely hilarious! I'm so glad I've gotten to know them.

I've been so blessed by the friends I have in Richmond. I have fun with them and I'm encouraged by them. And best of all, my church friends and Bible study friends have a passion for God that makes me want to draw closer to God and get to know Him better. What a huge blessing!
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment