Sunday, June 26, 2011

Flexible Friends

How time flies when you're having fun! This weekend was absolutely awesome, even though it didn't go as planned. This Saturday, Julia was supposed to come to Richmond and we were going to have a girls' day together. We invited De and Melissa (all the girls from the original sisterhood) to come too, but they weren't able to make it. Then, the day before, Julia called and said she couldn't make it. She had a good reason, but it was still a little disappointing. BUT, the good news is I have many fun and flexible friends who were able to change plans and make this a great weekend!


Mint choc chip- gluten free and delish!

My friend Bettina and I have been wanting to have a sleepover for a long time, but with busy schedules, it never happened during the semester. So we made it happen Friday night! Bettina really wanted to hang out before I left, so she drove all the way to Richmond Friday evening, even though she'd already driven there and back to TA for anatomy. [The first years have started class. Can't believe that was me a year ago. I'm a second year now!!!] We had a lot of fun sharing stories from our clinical experiences. I made dinner for us, then we went to Sweet Frog that night. We were going to rent a movie, but there wasn't anything good at Redbox, so we just ended up talking all evening, till late at night. I looked at the clock at one point and couldn't believe how late it was! In the morning, I introduced Bettina to Carytown Cupcakes before she had to go.

I had talked to Tristan about meeting up in Tappahannock later on Saturday since my plans got canceled, but she called me that morning and wanted to spend the weekend in Richmond instead. And that is why I love having flexible friends- instead of a couple hours in Tappahannock one day, we spent the entire weekend together and had a blast! Tristan brought her sisters, Bailey and Riley, with her too. We went shopping at Short Pump on Saturday evening and had some girl time. At one point, I was watching Riley while Tristan and Bailey shopped and she wanted to go on a little train ride that went around the mall. We bought the tickets and had to wait in line for about 20 minutes to go on this silly little ride, but Riley loved it, and it was so cute!

The next day after church, we spent some time at the pool. The pool is kind of a different experience when you go with a seven year old. Riley mumbles and hums and sings the whole time, and occasionally asks us to look over and watch her do something cool. And when we're in the water with her, Riley is always holding on to one of us, climbing on us, and jumping off us. It's just so fun to be around little kids sometimes. I love how affectionate seven year olds can be. When Riley snuggles with me on the couch or gives me a big hug, it is just so adorable and I can't help but smile! Tristan, Bailey, and I also got some lounge time by the pool in our efforts to get tan. :) After the pool, we went to see Mr. Popper's Penguins with Riley. I remember reading that book as a child, but not much else about it. It was a really cute movie.

Tristan, Bai, and Ri just left and I'm so sad to see them go! This was one of the best weekends I've had in awhile! I'm so glad I got to see some of my favorite people before I leave to go home.
Riley and me

No comments:

Post a Comment