Sunday, June 12, 2011

Banana desserts

Last week I felt like baking something, and I had a bunch of bananas in my fridge, so I decided to make some banana desserts! I love bananas and these desserts were so tasty. First I made banana chocolate chip cake. The recipe didn't say to frost the cake, but I had some extra icing left over in my fridge, so I decided to anyway. The frosting made the cake extra sweet and that much better! The chocolate and banana in the cake was the perfect combination and I loved the moist banana-bread-like texture of the cake.
I also made one-ingredient ice cream. Guess what the only ingredient is? That's right- bananas! I read about this on a blog and I thought that one-ingredient ice cream was impossible. But I was intrigued and wanted to try it. You simply freeze a ripe banana, then cut it up and put it in a blender, and it makes perfect banana ice cream. Simple- no ice cream makers or rock salt required!

No comments:

Post a Comment