Sunday, November 6, 2011

The good outweighs the bad

My last post was about all the bad things that happened last week. It's easy to get hung up on those things and forget about all the GOOD things God has done and is doing for us.

1. First of all, Bettina's mom is alive and awake after her emergency surgery! The doctors are amazed at how well she's doing. She is still struggling with control of the left side of her body and she'll need rehab for several weeks to regain strength, but she's doing well so far. The doctors said that 2/3 of people with that type of aneurysm don't make it. Her rapid recovery thus far is miraculous!

2. The good news about the fridge is that we did get a new fridge that same night, and we managed to save most of our food. It was annoying to deal with, but in light of everything else, not that big a deal.

3. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with the car insurance yet. I'm going to switch companies; I just need to do a little research to figure out how I can get good coverage with lower rates. Again, not a big deal compared to everything else.

I've realized this week that even when things go wrong, I still have so much to be thankful for! God is so good. It shouldn't take bad situations for us to turn to him and trust him! We should trust him every day, every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment