Friday, November 11, 2011

Pre-race day

Tomorrow is the day of my first race ever- the Richmond half marathon! I'm excited, but also kind of nervous. My main goal is to run the whole thing, and my lofty goal is to finish in 2:15. Tristan and Bud are running it too, so it will be nice to have them right there with me at the start of the race. I'm not sure if we'll end up staying together for the entire race or not. I'll definitely have to blog post-race about how it all goes!

It's funny how quickly you become a "runner". You have to buy good running shoes, because you need shoes that will cushion your foot (and ones that will last a while!). Then you want the running clothes- spandex, lightweight tank tops, a good sports bra, and running shorts. Even special socks, because your feet can get blisters if you have the wrong kind of socks. It starts to add up! (But it's so worth it!)

It could be a commercial:

Nike spandex running pants: $35
Asics blister-preventing moisture-wicking socks: $15
Gel inserts to prevent foot pronation: $23

Getting a runner’s high on mile 10: Priceless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment