Sunday, November 27, 2011

T-break recap

I got back from my parents' house yesterday after a great Thanksgiving weekend. It never seems like enough time when I go home. Like usual,  I brought some homework to work on over break, and like usual I didn't do a blessed thing relating to school! Instead I spent lots of time with my mom and dad. I had them all to myself since Leslie and Bud didn't come home for Thanksgiving this year.

My mom bought herself some really cool Christmas presents this year. She got the new Kindle Fire, which basically has a lot of the same functions as an Ipad for less than half the price. She got it mainly to read books, but I introduced her to Words With Friends and Angry Birds. We may have gotten slightly addicted to those two little games in the past few days. I'd never played Angry Birds before, just heard of it, but it's kind of a fun game (although very frustrating at times!). So the Kindle was pretty entertaining for us. The other new gadget was an latte/cappuccino coffee maker. It's fancy, with a device that steams milk and everything. My mom made me mocha lattes each morning and they were delicious!

On Thanksgiving day, my mom and I decided we were going to go to the gym to get some exercise before eating such a big meal. We went to a "Turkey Boot Camp" class and boy did we get our butts kicked! Two cute twin guys led the class and they set up about 20 stations that we had to rotate to- doing each station 3x each! It was a good workout. Some of the stations were really hard and I did exercises I wasn't used to doing. That was the last time I worked out over break because I was sore for the next three days. Every time I laughed my abs hurt! I'm still a little sore tonight as I write this.

Typically I don't go shopping on Black Friday, but this year my mom had to work, so I got up early with her and we went to Macy's. I was excited because my mom had saved up a lot of Macy's money for me and she had some really good coupons, too. I picked out a bunch of clothes that I wanted, plus some jewelry, and even a few gifts. I ended up getting about $400 worth of stuff for a little over $100. I love getting good deals! All in all, it was a great Thanksgiving break. I'm not ready to go back to school yet!

1 comment: