Sunday, October 21, 2012

Apple Crisp

To me, apple crisp is the quintessential fall dish. In a perfect world, I'd be eating it on a slightly chilly October evening at a state fair. There's something about hot apple crisp when it's cold outside - just the smell of it warms me up. Of course it's pretty good when eaten indoors too, especially right out of the oven.

Homemade apple crisp is easy to make, yet still so yummy. I wish every dessert this good required so little effort! I love this recipe that I got from Betty Crocker.
Apple Crisp
4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C flour
1/2 C quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/3 C butter, softened
3/4 t ground cinnamon
3/4 t ground nutmeg
 
1. Heat oven to 375ยบ. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
2. Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
3. Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Ease: 5/5 (1= difficult to make, 5=easy)
Taste: 5/5
Total: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment