Sunday, October 28, 2012

RED

I had to drive back to Richmond this weekend to work (ugh) but at least it gave me a chance to listen to the entire new Taylor Swift album!
These are my favorite songs so far:

1. Begin Again - I think this is my absolute favorite of the whole bunch. This sounds the most like an old-school Taylor Swift song. The lyrics and music are poignant and beautiful.

"You throw your head back laughing like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I’m funny cause he never did
I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all love ever does
Is break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watched it begin again"


2. I Knew You Were Trouble - Sounds a little different from Taylor's usual songs, but I love it.

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I’d never been
Till you put me down"

"No apologies, he'll never see you cry
Pretends he doesn't know that he's the reason why
You're drowning, you’re drowning, you’re drowning…"

3. All Too Well - These are the kind of lyrics I love from T. Swift!

"We're singing in the car, getting lost upstate
autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place
and I can picture it after all these days"

"and you call me up again
just to break me like a promise
so casually cruel in the name of being honest"


4. 22 - This song is just so fun, and it makes me think of all my girlfriends.

"Yeah we're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time
It’s miserable and magical, oh yeah
Tonight’s the night when we forget about the deadlines
It's time-
I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be all right if you keep me next to you"

5. Everything Has Changed - I like this collaboration that Taylor Swift did with Ed Sheeran. It's beautiful and sweet and honest. I think it's really relatable too.

"All I feel in my stomach is butterflies
The beautiful kind
Making up for lost time,
Taking flight, making me feel like
I just want to know you better, know you better, know you better now"

Runner-ups:
State of Grace - I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me.
The Moment I Knew - best one of the bonus tracks.
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Catchy, but since it was the first single released, I've heard it too much.
I Almost Do - I like this one, but it's not as catchy.

Failures:
Treacherous - boring
Stay Stay Stay - annoyingly repetitive
Starlight - terrible lyrics
Sad Beautiful Tragic - utterly forgettable

No comments:

Post a Comment