Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Milkshake

It finally feels like Fall in Richmond! I celebrated by wearing my boots for the first time this year and baking pumpkin goodies. You may remember from last year that I love all things pumpkin. Last night I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and they were good, but today I made a pumpkin milkshake and it was DELICIOUS! It's definitely my favorite "Fall" treat so far this year.

I found the recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Our Best Bites.
The following is my version of their pumpkin milkshake.

Pumpkin Milkshake
1/3 C canned pumpkin
1/4 C milk
1/4 t vanilla
1/2 t cinnamon
1/16 t (pinch) nutmeg
2 T brown sugar
2 C vanilla ice cream (I didn't actually measure the ice cream, I just used what I had left, which was maybe 1.5 cups? You can modify the amount of ice cream based on how thick you like your milkshake).

I added the first 6 ingredients together and blended them until smooth. Then I added the ice cream a few small scoops at a time, blending it together as I went. I've found that my ancient blender can't handle several huge scoops of ice cream. It gets too thick and the blender can't process it. Adding smaller spoonfuls of ice cream keeps my blender from conking out and ensures a smoother, creamier texture. Like I said before, DELICIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment