Monday, October 15, 2012

Apple Desserts

My parents came to visit this weekend! On Sunday we went to Carter Mountain Orchard and picked a TON of apples (okay, not a literal ton, but 19 pounds worth).
I love apple desserts and I can't wait to start baking some apple goodies! I have a hard time deciding on a favorite apple dessert, so I thought it would be fun to try a variety of recipes and rate them on my blog.

Here's what I'm planning to bake:
Any other ideas? I'm not a fan of caramel apples because they're too hard to eat. I might add in a recipe for an apple cake or apple muffins, but I have to say I prefer apple desserts where the apples are hot and gooey. In a cake or muffin, the apples tend to be much more dry and not as delicious.

I'm excited to try some new apple recipes. Hopefully I'll discover some keepers!

Addition: Caramel Apple Bars - I made these the weekend I moved out of my apartment. I ran out of a bunch of ingredients and didn't feel like buying more, so I substituted like crazy! The bars turned out just okay. I want to try this one again and actually follow the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. If you have a melon baller, you can make bite-size caramel apples ;) But it all sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete